Header Ads

THE IDEAL NIGERIAN LUNCH PACK IDEA FOR ALL AGES



Cooking happens to be one of my hobbies probably because I love food. Yes I love food very much.

What do I cook? Me, personally had a very big issue with what do I cook today especially for dinner as my oga at the top does not eat anything swallow as from 6pm. So I stopped making swallow for dinner entirely because you never can tell the day you will have him before 6pm or late. That decision birthed our food timetable to avoid confusion and brain cracking especially when am not around,anybody in my house already knows what to cook.

Some schools have food time table which is what every child must bring to school, I think this is to make sure every child in the school has the same thing in their lunch packs. I like that idea but to me, its not necessary, every mother knows what her kids likes  and wants to give it to them.

My everyday struggle is to feed my kids and I must do that and do it well. After all it is said that what is worth doing is worth doing well.

Sometimes you will have all the needed foodstuffs and ingredients in your kitchen but still the brain cracking of what to cook will still surface. WHO HAS EVER BEEN IN THIS DILEMMA BEFORE? SAY HI

Sometimes you may not have the foodstuffs available at home. Everything is all about planning so I made this lunch pack timetable to make my brain cracking easier because it helps me plan myself a day earlier as I already know what to cook before the next day.

 MY KIDS LUNCH PACK MONDAY TO FRIDAY.

  •  Monday--- Jollof rice/meat,fish,egg/moi moi. Anything to serve as protein.
  • Tuesday---Fries ( fried potato,yam, plantain) with egg/ketchup. Anyone available serves.
  • Wednesday---Pasta (spaghetti, macaroni)  with egg/sausage/fish/meat. Anyone available
  • Thursday---Jollof rice, cocnut rice, with meat/fish/egg.
  • Friday---Toasted bread with sardine/egg. Some Fridays we make yam or bread in batter.
Don't forget water in the lunch pack.

To make yam in batter;
  • boil your yam to cook well
  • cut in bits like you want to fry
  • beat your egg and season to taste
  • dip the boiled yam into the egg
  • use the egg to coat the yam
  • in a fry pan not deep fryer ,because the yam is to shallow fried, pour your oil
  • then fry for like two minutes or till your egg fries.
Some people grind ripe plantain and use it in the egg for the batter. If you like sweet mouth you can use ripe plantain.
I also make bread in batter, that is using bread instead of yam, try this and your kids will love you more.

Sometimes the kids complain of having the same food on a particular day for school, so sometimes I joggle the days for the foods. Change the days of the foods (the same food on a different day).

 This pack can also serve you and hubby as breakfast or for lunch at work

For periods that Irish potato is cheap we use it for chips through out that period, if the price goes up like 2k for a basket we switch to sweet potato, plantain and maybe fried yam. Sometimes yam goes up we switch to sweet potato till yam comes down to within reach. Learned this trick from a friend and it has been working like magic and I don't have to  over stretch my budget.
For juice and biscuits or maybe fruits is your choice but you don't want your child looking at other kids while they eat their biscuits and drink their juice and yours looks or maybe begs like a motherless child. I give them fruits for school once in a week except for the week the school is on FRUIT WEEK, then its fruit, no juice or biscuits for that whole week.

There is no beans in our lunch pack for school due to our  hot weather, the beans may go sour before food time. So I try to put protein supplement everyday while we eat our beans at home.

This my lunch pack idea is open for corrections and amendments, if you have a better idea or a brand new idea please I'm ready and willing to learn. Share with me in the comment box.

SEE THIS TOO

 DO YOU THINK THE DIET IS NOT BALANCED? SHARE YOUR BALANCED DIET LUNCH PACK WITH US IN THE COMMENT BOX.

I LOVE EXPERIMENTING WHEN IT COMES TO FOOD AND COOKING.

IF YOU LOVE FOOD LIKE ME SAY HI.

TILL I COME YOUR WAY AGAIN......

STAY HAPPY ALWAYS.




No comments:

Powered by Blogger.