Header Ads

LIFE LESSONS MY KIDS TAUGHT ME

                                                    

A teacher is someone who passes down knowledge to others. This may be done directly or indirectly, consciously or unconsciously people pass down knowledge to others. My kids has directly and indirectly taught me some very important life lessons.

There are so many life lessons I have taught and I'm still teaching my kids. Meanwhile in a more unbelieving manner, it turns out that my kids have been my greatest teachers in life. I have learned far greater life principles of more value from them; Indirectly they pass a message to you everyday. Just be sensitive to know when they pass the message and learn from it.

1. Unconditional love; the pure unconditional love I get from my kids baffles me, their love is not based on my performance as a good mum; on what I give or do not give them; even after a good session of spanking and shouting at them, they run back to me, hugging and kissing me, telling me stories and wanting me to tell them stories too. Their love is not based on actions, accomplishments, what I bought or didn't buy for them, but who I am to them- THEIR MUM. They love with all their hearts not minding what you did or what you did not do for them. That is the kind of love I'm striving to show to all and sundry.

2. Keeping grudges is not necessary; hmmm, this is a serious issue, these kids don't even want to know if you just hurt them or not. My kids can be in a very serious argument and even have a fight at 12pm at 12;04, they are playing and laughing again. Their own case is that they forgive and forget, you wont ever hear them  bring up that issue ever again. Kids don't count how many times you wronged them or didn't buy what you promised to buy for them.

For me I'm struggling to get there and not calculating who and who that offended me, when and what they did.

3. Every situation has something and amazing; to kids, the world has more than 7 wonders, even when they are crying, they see something amazing in their tears.  While I missed my way to a friends house one day, I had to drive round the whole town to locate my way, my kids were busy showing me all the beautiful sights on the road while I was checking my fuel gauge and to buy fuel at #145 per litre no be beans. When we got home they said ' thank you mum for driving us round the whole town today, we had fun. I was busy calculating how much fuel I wasted driving round the whole town.

That day I learn to see everything through the eyes of a child.

IF YOU WANT TO SEE A MOVIE AND ENJOY IT, BORROW THE MIND OF A CHILD.

4. Slow and steady wins the race; what a busy life we live everyday, little or  no time for fun and relaxation. my kids had rightly taught me that the race is not for the swift. How they take their time to do everything and still accomplish their mission is very interesting. I woke up my daughter one morning to get ready for school, she said 'mum, please I want to rest from waking up, sleeping and waking up is a lot of work. Rest from sleep? That's one of its kind I have ever heard.

The other day my son told me, mum, how can you be teaching me my homework and still be cooking? can you just do one now and do the other one later? That day I also learned from him to give myself a break. Don't be a jerk of all trade at a time.

5. Joy and happiness is everywhere; children find something to be happy and excited about on daily basis. even in utter darkness at night, my kids still have a way of creating fun and making themselves happy. 

NEVER A DULL MOMENT WITH MY KIDS EXCEPT WHEN THEY ARE SLEEPING.

 I learned and I'm still learning more from them.

DO YOU THINK MY KIDS ARE GOOD TEACHERS AND HAVE TAUGHT ME VERY WELL? GIVE THEM SOME WORDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT IN THE COMMENT BOX.

Have you learned some interesting lessons from your kids, lets hear them in the comment box and also learn from your kids. 

TILL I BEEP YOU AGAIN..... STAY HAPPY ALWAYS. 

 


 

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.